The Governing Board at Clyst Hydon Primary School is a team of staff, parents and skilled professionals, who all work together with the Head of School ensuring pupils
“Love Learning, Love Life!”
The Governing Board has 3 core functions
- Ensuring clarify of vision, ethos and strategic direction at Clyst Hydon Primary School
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
This is achieved by the board holding a least four meetings in an academic year; usually once every half term.
The Governing Board ensures it creates an environment which enables it to recruit and retain effective governors and encourages the participation of all groups and sections of the community. Each governor is appointed for a 4-year term of office.
The membership of the board consists of:
- Head Teacher
- Local Authority Governor
- Parent Governors
- Staff Governor
- Co-opted Governors
- Foundation Governors
The governors have agreed and appointed Lead Governors to take responsibility for specific areas across the school. Their responsibilities are defined in the Terms of Reference for the Governing Board and they routinely report back to the full governor board meetings.
The lead roles are:
- Finance Governor.
- Safeguarding Governor.
- Health and Safety Governor
- SEND Governor
- Whistle blowing Governor
Meetings are held at Clyst Hydon School twice a term. Once approved the minutes can be read here.
Register of Business Interests
This included the category of each governor, their term of office and the role they have been appointed for.
- CH Register of business interests 2020-2021
- CH Register of business interests 2019-2020
- CH Register of business interests 2018-2019
- CH Register of business interests 2017-2018
- CH Register of business interests 2016-2017
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference for the Full Governing Board and Roles and responsibilities of the lead governors are outlined in the documents below
Attendance register of governors at meetings
- Attendance record 2019-2020
- Attendance record 2018-2019
- Attendance record 2017-2018
- Attendance record 2016-2017
- Attendance record 2015-2016
Code of Conduct for the Governing Board
This is a contract all Governors sign at the beginning of each academic year
Our Aims, Ethos and Vision at Clyst Hydon Primary School